Projet title: Cross-border climbing
Project number: ROHU-112
Project acronym: CBC
Project value: 67 882.27 Euro
Lead beneficiary: Club Sportiv Gecko (Romania) / Partner: Meteora Mászócsapat (Hungary)
Start of the project: 01.06.2019
End of the project: 28.02.2022
About the project
Main overall objective of the project:
The project’s main overall objective is to help cooperation initiatives that bring civil organizations closer to people, build cooperation and strengthen relationships, by establishment of a cross border climbing league and the organization of cross border climbing events in the CB area of Oradea (RO) and Zsombó (HU),in the context of small-case cooperation initiatives in the field of sports.
The project directly links to Investment priority 11/b:
Promoting legal and administrative cooperation and cooperation between citizens and institutions (ETC-CB) by:
- organizing a cross border sport climbing league we establish a professional network that would provide the already existing sports clubs in the region with opportunity to promote themselves and their members with competition opportunities.
- organizing sports events the sports clubs will have the opportunity to form new connections while tightening the already existing ones. At the same time we are going to be able to improve the relationship between the Romanian and Hungarian communities and strengthen the cooperation between the two countries.
- organizing cross border climbing competition the sports clubs have the opportunity to build new co-operations and improve the already existing ones, at the same time improving and strengthening the relationship between the Romanian and Hungarian communities.
- popularize climbing on a wide scale in cooperation with the educational institutions. Through these activities we wish to raise young people’s awareness of an active lifestyle and interest for sports.
- involving volunteers in the organizational activity
- organizing a cross border open air climbing camp for children with special needs. is to be carried out as a result of the cooperation between PP2 an LP experts and volunteers. The organizing team of the camp is made up of 4 members: 1-1 member and 1-1 volunteers from both LP and PP2.
Specific objectives of the project:
1. Improving the cooperation and the strengthen relationship between civil organizations and between the people in the cross border area, through sport
2. Improving multiculturalism, promoting and preserving the cultural diversity and the common traditions
3. Creating sustainable network and cooperation of climbing in the cross border area
Project main result:
The main result of the project is represented by help cooperation initiatives that bring civil organizations closer to people, build cooperation and strengthen relationships, by establishment of a cross border climbing league and the organization of cross border climbing events in the CB area of Oradea (RO) and Zsombó (HU),in the context of small-case cooperation initiatives in the field of sports. The project main result appears as immediate advantage of carrying out the project, reflecting the benefit of using the project main outputs. The project main result will be realised due to establishment of a cross border climbing league and through the organization of cross border climbing events with a 138 total number of participants.
About Gecko Sports Club
The Gecko sports club sets as main goal to get involved actively in promoting climbing as a means of spending free time. To this end, we take care of organizing climbing courses, organizing camps, building and installing climbing walls at all sorts of events and even organizing team buildings inside the climbing gym.
The goals of the Gecko Sports Club:
- Promoting climbing as a means for spending your free time
- Discovering and supporting young talents
- Setting up as many sport climbing tracks as possible
- Organizing events dedicated to climbing
The Principles of Gecko Sports Club:
We promote climbing
When we started this project, we set as our main goal to share with those around us our knowledge about climbing. We love climbing and we want to promote it among children and adults by using all available means at our disposal.
We encourage the correct practice of climbing
After the appearance and spread of the Internet, the information is more accessible, the learning process is easier and, therefore, it is not possible for us not to take advantage of this communication environment. We want to conceive a learning method as accessible and useful as possible and to encourage the training of new skills pertaining to the specific climbing moves, as correct as possible. Given that first of all we put an emphasis on safety, we believe that it is crucial to learn correctly the specific safety techniques.
We protect Nature
We try to protect nature and to educate the responsibility of youth to this end. All climbers love and respect nature and we want to spread this ethics among all those who practice outdoor activities.
We promote the benefits of climbing
Knowing and practicing climbing for several years, we know which the benefits of this activity are and we want to share these benefits with all those around us. Climbing is, first of all, a pleasant sport, where new life lasting friendships can emerge, but it is also a sport that brings countless physical, moral and mental benefits.
Climbing helps you to increase the responsibility of people towards the environment and the partners, to increase the self-trust and the trust in other people, to achieve a balanced physical development, to relieve the daily stress, an improved time managements and to increase the capacity of overcoming certain obstacles.